- The Roadmap sets out 20 expectations for sustainability that companies should start implementing now to be considered sustainable going forward. It is raising the bar for leadership.
- These expectations are laid out in four broad areas that are key for corporate sustainability: governance, stakeholder engagement, disclosure, and performance. All of the expectations presented in the Roadmap need to be addressed for a company to achieve a comprehensive and coherent sustainable business strategy.
- The full report has more than 200 company best practice examples across 20 sectors. Many companies have started this journey — from heavy industry to consumer products — and the Roadmap includes a full range of examples to demonstrate what is possible now and where companies need to go in the future.
- The report features more than 250 resources and tools from a wide range of global experts, organizations and thought leaders.
There is increasing interest from mainstream investors to understand and evaluate sustainability risks and opportunities in their investment decisions. The best performing companies of the 21st century will be those that recognize the opportunities presented, and invest and act now. These companies will be best positioned to thrive in the coming low-carbon, resource-constrained global economy of the 21st century. The 21st Century Corporation: The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability offers a realistic and clear path forward to sustainable economic prosperity.
"The Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability is extremely timely and will serve as a powerful foundation and tool for companies as they reset their business strategies for the 21st Century."
– David Blood, Senior Partner Generation Investment Management and Foreword Author